Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fear and Loathing

It's not often - actually, never that I can remember - that I would fear a run workout. But after the first two sessions on this new program I had that feeling last night. On both those occasions I have struggled through the sessions, neither quite achieving the time standard set. I was filled with doubt about whether I would be able to complete this program as planned.

So it was with some apprehension that I ran down to the Moorabbin Track this morning on my warm up for what looked a pretty hard set.

w/up to track 2km
1600m hard (target 6.39 vs actual 6.47), 400m easy
3200m hard (target 13.52 vs actual 13.49), 800m easy
2x 800m hard (target 3.12 vs actuals 3.13/3.12), 400m easy
c/down to home 2km
Total: 12km

I was ecstatic! Apart from the 1600m where I found pacing difficult as it was dark and I could not read my watch it went perfectly. The reps were hard but running on the track allowed me to dial-in the pace exactly right.

I feel confident now that this program is spot on for me ... if I can just run to the target pace as indicated.

Spent the rest of the day walking around Melbourne's International Flower and Garden Show so legs are a bit sore this evening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment